From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Schönwiese Mennonite Brethren Church was established in the early days of the Slavgorod Mennonite settlement, Siberia. The first leading minister was Peter Bergen, who was succeeded in 1923 by Heinrich Janzen, who in turn was succeeded in 1926 by Heinrich H. Klassen. The last leading minister was Heinrich Matthies. Additional ministers were Heinrich Janzen, Abram Friesen, and Nikolai Franz. In 1911 a church building was erected in Schönwiese. Originally this congregation was a part of the Alexandrovka Mennonite Brethren Church.

[edit] Bibliography

Fast, Gerhard. In den Steppen Sibiriens. Rosthern, 1957: 75.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Schönwiese Mennonite Brethren Church (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 Sep 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sch%C3%B6nwiese_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=77610.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Schönwiese Mennonite Brethren Church (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sch%C3%B6nwiese_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=77610.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 477. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.