From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Saratov Mennonite Brethren Church was established in the early days of the Slavgorod Mennonite settlement, Siberia, and served the following four villages: Saratov (89), Khoroshye (89), Nikolayevka (75), and Silberfeld (86). The first leading minister was Bernhard Wiens, who was succeeded by Daniel Heide. Other ministers were P. P. Löwen, Jakob Dück, David Löwen, and David Nachtigall. In 1914 a church building was erected in Saratov. Additional smaller places of worship were located in other villages.

[edit] Bibliography

Fast, Gerhard. In den Steppen Sibiriens. Rosthern, 1957: 78.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Saratov Mennonite Brethren Church (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Saratov_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=77421.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Saratov Mennonite Brethren Church (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Saratov_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=77421.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 422. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.