From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:57, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Salem Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), located 4 miles southwest of Dalton, Ohio, and 2½ miles northeast of Kidron, Ohio, was organized 20 May 1886, with 18 charter members, of the Sommer, Kirchhofer, Lehman, Zuercher, Moser, Steffen, Amstutz, and Geiger families, as a schism from the Sonnenberg Swiss congregation. The first meetinghouse was dedicated on 28 November 1886. A. A. Sommer was chosen as the first regular pastor. The present building is a result of additions and four remodeling programs. The congregation in 1957 had 204 baptized members, with James R. Reusser as minister.


Author(s) Ivan L Badertscher
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Badertscher, Ivan L. "Salem Mennonite Church (Kidron, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Mennonite_Church_(Kidron,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=77349.

APA style

Badertscher, Ivan L. (1959). Salem Mennonite Church (Kidron, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Mennonite_Church_(Kidron,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=77349.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 405-406. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.