From GAMEO
Revision as of 13:58, 23 December 2013 by SamSteiner (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

The Rouge Valley Mennonite Church in Markham, Ontario began services and formally organized in 1986. Steve Drudge is considered the founding leader of the merged congregation. The congregation originated through the merger of Cedar Grove Mennonite Church and Steeles Ave. Mennonite Church. The congregation used the building of the former Cedar Grove Mennonite Church, built in 1861 and renovated several times. A new building was erected in 1996.

Bibliography

Mennonite Reporter (29 July 1996): 15; (14 October 1996): 14.

Archival Records

Records at Mennonite Archives of Ontario.

Additional Information

Address: 7452 Reesor Road, Markham, ON L6B 1A8; located 2 km south of Highway #7, and 1.5 km north of Steeles Avenue.

Telephone: 905-294-2640

Website: http://rvmc.ca/

Denominational Affiliations:

Mennonite Church (MC), 1988-1999

Mennonite Church Eastern Canada, 1988-

Conference of Mennonites in Canada / Mennonite Church Canada, 1999-

Pastors at Rouge Valley Mennonite Church

Name Year
of Service
Steve Drudge 1986-June 2003
Nancy Brubaker Bauman
(Interim)
2003-2004
Pieter Niemeyer
(Lead Minister)
2001-2004
2004-Present

Members at Rouge Valley Mennonite Church

Year Members
1995 99
2000 109
2011 135

Map

Map:Rouge Valley Mennonite Church (Markham, Ontario, Canada)


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published November 2011


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Rouge Valley Mennonite Church (Markham, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2011. Web. 17 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rouge_Valley_Mennonite_Church_(Markham,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=105156.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (November 2011). Rouge Valley Mennonite Church (Markham, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rouge_Valley_Mennonite_Church_(Markham,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=105156.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.