Roden, a town (1947 population, 6,596, with 48 Mennonites) in the Dutch province of Drente. Mennonites living here in 1937 formed a Fellowship (Kring), which was at first served by the pastor of the Den Horn congregation. In 1950 the circle joined the Groningen congregation and was under the care of the pastor of this congregation, from 1951 under Miss C. E. Offerhaus. In 1954 the circle organized as an independent congregation and built a church, which was dedicated on 6 March 1955. The Roden congregation in 1958 numbered 42 baptized members. It had a ladies' circle and a Sunday school for children. Miss Offerhaus served until 1957; since 1958 C. de Groot was pastor, serving also the recently established Haren congregation.
Doopsgezind Jaarboekje (1956): 33-36.
Reliwiki. "Roden, Padkamp 2 b - Doopsgezinde Kerk." 13 November 2013. Web. 15 October 2014. http://reliwiki.nl/index.php/Roden,_Padkamp_2_b_-_Doopsgezinde_Kerk.
 Additional Information
Congregation: Doopsgezinde Gemeente Roden
Address: Padkamp 2b, 9301 AX Roden, Netherlands
Church website: Doopsgezinde Gemeente Roden
|Author(s)||Nanne van der Zijpp|
 Cite This Article
Zijpp, Nanne van der. "Roden (Drente, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 28 Apr 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Roden_(Drente,_Netherlands)&oldid=126234.
Zijpp, Nanne van der. (1959). Roden (Drente, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 April 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Roden_(Drente,_Netherlands)&oldid=126234.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.