From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Palm Village Retirement Community (originally Home for the Aged of the Mennonite Brethren Pacific District Conference), located at Reedley, California, was established in 1942 after a committee had been working on the project since 1938. Mr. and Mrs. A. R. Jost were the house parents. A committee of five, elected by the Conference, supervised the institution. In 1948 a new and larger home was built. In 1952 there were 48 guests.

In 2008 Palm Village was a mission agency of Mennonite Brethren Homes, Inc., a not-for-profit facility, which welcomed seniors of all faiths. It offered options for independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 701 West Herbert Avenue, Reedley, California 93654

Phone: 559-638-6933

Website: Palm Village Retirement Community


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Sam Steiner
Date Published June 2008


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius and Sam Steiner. "Palm Village Retirement Community (Reedley, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. June 2008. Web. 27 Aug 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Palm_Village_Retirement_Community_(Reedley,_California,_USA)&oldid=83783.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius and Sam Steiner. (June 2008). Palm Village Retirement Community (Reedley, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 August 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Palm_Village_Retirement_Community_(Reedley,_California,_USA)&oldid=83783.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 797. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.