Oklahoma Bible Academy (General Conference Mennonite). In 1911 a group of the New Hopedale Mennonite (General Conference Mennonite) Church, located at Meno, OK contributed money to build the Meno Preparatory School. The school was of elementary rank, with much Bible and German in its course of study, and served primarily the local community. As the need for more advanced training became apparent, it was decided to establish a school to serve all the churches of Oklahoma. In the spring of 1917 at the Oklahoma Mennonite Convention a plan was formulated for a two-year Bible and high school. A year later the Meno Preparatory School became the Oklahoma Bible Academy, using the original buildings, but with a more advanced course. In 1924-1925 with the help of Adam Ratzlaff a new dormitory was built and later a larger school was built, with two dormitories. By 1953 the school is a full four-year high school accredited by the state of Oklahoma. It also offered four units of Bible. Enrollment in 1951-52 was 58.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 296.
|Author(s)||H. U Schmidt|
 Cite This Article
Schmidt, H. U. "Oklahoma Bible Academy (Meno, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Oct 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Oklahoma_Bible_Academy_(Meno,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=104901.
Schmidt, H. U. (1959). Oklahoma Bible Academy (Meno, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Oklahoma_Bible_Academy_(Meno,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=104901.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.