From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Nieszawka (Nieschewski), a village near Thorn (Toruń), Poland, was the seat of a Mennonite congregation from the early 17th century until 1945. It was usually known as the Obernessau congregation. It may have been founded by Dutch colonists, since family names here were all pure Dutch. About the time of its founding there is no exact information, because all land leases have been lost.

[edit] Maps

Map:Mała Nieszawka, Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. "Nieszawka (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 13 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Nieszawka_(Kuyavian-Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=108975.

APA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. (1957). Nieszawka (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 13 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Nieszawka_(Kuyavian-Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=108975.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 875-876. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.