From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Newkirk Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, was located in a farming community in Kay County, Oklahoma, about 25 miles (40 km) southeast of Arkansas City, Kansas. Mennonite settlers coming to this locality from Sterling, Illinois, were the David Ebersole, Dan Ebersole, John Frey, Abe Frey, and Dan Frey families. In 1907 Christian Reiff and his family came from Newton, Kansas, to serve this congregation as minister. The membership at the time of organization was 13, and increased to 22. Because of drought the families gradually moved away; by 1911 the congregation was discontinued.


Author(s) V. E Reiff
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Reiff, V. E. "Newkirk Mennonite Church (Kay County, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Newkirk_Mennonite_Church_(Kay_County,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=76278.

APA style

Reiff, V. E. (1957). Newkirk Mennonite Church (Kay County, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Newkirk_Mennonite_Church_(Kay_County,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=76278.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 866. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.