From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Neuwied Mennonite Brethren Church in Germany was founded in 1951 by refugees from Russia and Poland. Most of these later immigrated to Canada, but the congregation continued as a mission under the leadership of J. W. Vogt, supported by the Mennonite Brethren Foreign Mission Board. By 1956 the congregation had acquired a meetinghouse and had 60 members, with J. W. Vogt as pastor. Only nine of the original 25 members were still members, the rest having immigrated to Canada.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Neuwied Mennonite Brethren Church (Neuwied, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 8 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neuwied_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Neuwied,_Rheinland-Pfalz,_Germany)&oldid=125021.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1957). Neuwied Mennonite Brethren Church (Neuwied, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 8 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neuwied_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Neuwied,_Rheinland-Pfalz,_Germany)&oldid=125021.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 860. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.