From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Neukirch was a village in the south of the Molotschna Mennonite settlement in Ukraine. It was settled in 1820 by 21 Mennonite families from Marienburg, Elbing, and Tiegenhof in (former) West Prussia, Germany. By 1910 there were 168 Mennonite families with 526 persons living on 52 farms in the village, which embraced 4,400 acres of land. A church was built in the village in 1865.

See Neukirch Mennonite Church

[edit] Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 212.

Mannhardt, H. G. Jahrbuch der altevangelischen Taufgesinnten oder Mennoniten (1888): 68.

Neuer Haus- und Landwirtschafts-Kalender für deutsche Ansiedler im südlichen Russland (1911): 111-112.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Neukirch (Molotschna Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 16 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neukirch_(Molotschna_Mennonite_Settlement,_Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=93064.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1957). Neukirch (Molotschna Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neukirch_(Molotschna_Mennonite_Settlement,_Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=93064.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 852. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.