From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Neu-Samara (Pleshanov) was a Mennonite settlement in the northern part of the fertile section of Samara, Russia, about 125 miles (210 km) east of the city by the same name. It was founded in 1890 as a daughter settlement of Molotschna and embraced 59,400 acres of land. In 1926 it numbered 3,071 Mennonite and 66 non-Mennonite inhabitants, who lived in twelve villages and five single farms.

See also Pleshanov.

[edit] Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 219.


Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

, . "Neu-Samara Mennonite Settlement (Samara Oblast, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 26 Sep 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neu-Samara_Mennonite_Settlement_(Samara_Oblast,_Russia)&oldid=135008.

APA style

, . (1957). Neu-Samara Mennonite Settlement (Samara Oblast, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 September 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neu-Samara_Mennonite_Settlement_(Samara_Oblast,_Russia)&oldid=135008.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 856; vol. 4, p. 1147. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.