Mount Vernon Mennonite Church (MC), PA

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Mount Vernon Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), 1 Lighthouse Dr., Kirkwood, Pennsylvania, was begun by the Strasburg congregation as an outpost located in a frame meetinghouse close to the Octoraro Creek in Chester County, Pennsylvania. On 24 June 1948 J. Lloyd Kreider was ordained pastor. The meetinghouse was greatly enlarged and the grounds renovated in 1956. The membership in 1956 was 39; in 2006, 210. In 2006 the pastor was Gary L. Roberts. The congregation is a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Mount Vernon Mennonite Church (MC), PA." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 Apr 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Vernon_Mennonite_Church_(MC),_PA&oldid=90219.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Mount Vernon Mennonite Church (MC), PA. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 April 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Vernon_Mennonite_Church_(MC),_PA&oldid=90219.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 760. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.