Mission Board of the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:58, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Mission Board of the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church, known as the Commission on Missions of the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren (now Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches), was organized in 1889, originally consisting of only three members. In 1957, according to the revised constitution, nine members served on this board. Three members were elected each year and the term of office was three years.

The Commission functioned as a cooperating Board, processing and recommending a missionary candidate to the societies with which the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren was affiliated: Congo Inland Mission, Far Eastern Gospel Crusade, and Gospel Missionary Union. It also recognized and kept in touch with all E.M.B. missionaries going out under any nonaffiliated mission societies. The annual budget was nearly $100,000. The number of missionaries served by the Commission was 70, located in Japan, India, Africa, and South America.

The officers in 1957 were O. H. Wiebe, chairman; H. H. Dick, Executive Secretary; H. P. Nickel; B. B. Janz; Arthur Fast; Reuben Warkentin; Max Eisenbraun; A. P. Toews; and H. P. Wiens.


Author(s) Orlando H Wiebe
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiebe, Orlando H. "Mission Board of the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 17 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mission_Board_of_the_Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren_Church&oldid=90035.

APA style

Wiebe, Orlando H. (1957). Mission Board of the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mission_Board_of_the_Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren_Church&oldid=90035.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 708-709. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.