Mennoville Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), near El Reno, Canadian County, Oklahoma, now extinct, was established about 1891 as the first Mennonite church of Oklahoma. In 1893 the congregation built a small frame church, which was located southwest of the Darlington Mennonite mission station. For a while it was a fair-sized congregation, but most of the members moved away. Its peak membership was 31 in 1911. The last service in the church was held in 1952. The original church building, the oldest in Oklahoma, was in custody of the Western District Historical Committee.
The church building, consisting of a sanctuary and two classrooms, was moved from its original location seven miles (12 km) north of El Reno on Highway 81 to Heritage Square in downtown El Reno. In 2006 the Canadian County Historical Museum was restoring the meetinghouse.
Kroeker, Marvin. "Mennonites in the Oklahoma 'Run.'" Mennonite Life 10 (July 1955): 114.
Files of the Western District Historical Committee.
"First in Oklahoma Territory." TheMennonite (17 August 2004): 24.
Mennonite Church USA. "News Archives." Accessed 9 September 2006. <http://www.mennoniteusa.org/news/news/july-sept04/08_04_04.htm>
 Cite This Article
Krahn, Cornelius. "Mennoville Mennonite Church (El Reno, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennoville_Mennonite_Church_(El_Reno,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=89845.
Krahn, Cornelius. (1957). Mennoville Mennonite Church (El Reno, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennoville_Mennonite_Church_(El_Reno,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=89845.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.