From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:57, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Mennonursing, after 1947 called The Christian Nurse, an 8-page 6x9 in. journal, the official organ of the Mennonite (MC) Nurses' Association, printed at Scottdale, Pennsylvania, was founded in March 1945 as a quarterly and changed to a bimonthly in 1949.

The first editor was Verna Zimmerman, followed by Elizabeth Erb 1945-1946, Orpah Mosemann 1946-1951, Mabel Brunk 1951-1952, Clara Headrick 1952-1954, Ruth Lederach 1954-1956, and Margaret Brubacher Ashley 1956-1958.

The Christian Nurse was absorbed by Mennonite Hospitals and Homes in 1958. A periodical with the same name was published 1962-1969, but eventually was absorbed by the Mennonite Medical Messenger.


Author(s) Maude Swartzendruber
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Swartzendruber, Maude. "Mennonursing (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 28 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonursing_(Periodical)&oldid=89842.

APA style

Swartzendruber, Maude. (1957). Mennonursing (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonursing_(Periodical)&oldid=89842.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 652. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.