From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Mennonursing, after 1947 called The Christian Nurse, an 8-page 6x9 in. journal, the official organ of the Mennonite (MC) Nurses' Association, printed at Scottdale, Pennsylvania, was founded in March 1945 as a quarterly and changed to a bimonthly in 1949.

The first editor was Verna Zimmerman, followed by Elizabeth Erb 1945-1946, Orpah Mosemann 1946-1951, Mabel Brunk 1951-1952, Clara Headrick 1952-1954, Ruth Lederach 1954-1956, and Margaret Brubacher Ashley 1956-1958.

The Christian Nurse was absorbed by Mennonite Hospitals and Homes in 1958. A periodical with the same name was published 1962-1969, but eventually was absorbed by the Mennonite Medical Messenger.


Author(s) Maude Swartzendruber
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Swartzendruber, Maude. "Mennonursing (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 30 Aug 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonursing_(Periodical)&oldid=123018.

APA style

Swartzendruber, Maude. (1957). Mennonursing (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 August 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonursing_(Periodical)&oldid=123018.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 652. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.