Men-O-Lan, 1415 Doerr Rd., Quakertown, Pennsylvania, is the camp site of the Eastern District Conference (Mennonite Church USA), located one mile east of Finland, Milford Township, Bucks County Development started in 1938 with twenty-three acres of woodland donated by J. Walter Landis, which was increased to ninety-two acres in 1954. The first camp program was held in July 1941. Equipment, buildings, and land were evaluated at $74,410 in 1956. Developments included three workers' cabins, seven cabins, auditorium, dining hall kitchen, washrooms, nature trails, artificial lake, two wells, caretaker's apartment, and the Landis Memorial Chapel. Weekly Sunday-school services were held in the chapel. Program planning in 1956 was the responsibility of the Retreat Committee. The camp was administered by a Board of Managers of nine members elected by the Eastern District Conference.
Fretz, J. E. "Retreat Camp Grounds Men-O-Lan." Mennonite Life 2 (July 1947) :6 f.
Report of the Eastern District Conference, 1938, 1956.
 Cite This Article
Shelly, Maynard. "Men-O-Lan, Camp (Quakertown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Dec 2013. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Men-O-Lan,_Camp_(Quakertown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89848.
Shelly, Maynard. (1957). Men-O-Lan, Camp (Quakertown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 December 2013, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Men-O-Lan,_Camp_(Quakertown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89848.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.