Mechanicsburg (Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, in the beautiful Cumberland Valley is a quiet town of 6,786 (1955), seven miles (11 km) southwest of Harrisburg. The Union House cornerstone was laid 12 June 1798, with Christian Newcomer, a United Brethren bishop, present. It was a house "wherein Christian preachers of all denominations are to enjoy the privilege of preaching." How many decades Mennonites (MC) used this house is not definitely known, but it was only in the early 1950's that they ceased to do so.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Mechanicsburg (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 Feb 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mechanicsburg_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89564.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Mechanicsburg (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 February 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mechanicsburg_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89564.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 547. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.