From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Mechanic Grove Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), is a member of the Lancaster Conference, and is located near a small rural town by this name, four miles (6.5 km) south of Quarryville, Lancaster County, PA. When members began to move into this formerly Scottish-Irish area services were desired. In 1877 Amos Herr preached in the village. The 20 members in the fall of 1881 built a frame structure 46 x 35 ft., which served the congregation until 1949, when it was extensively remodeled and enlarged. In 1954 Abram D. Metzler and J. Harold Breneman were serving as ministers, with a membership of 149. In 1920 a schism occurred, led by John W. Swarr, a preacher who led the group into the General Conference Mennonite Church. This group, called the Calvary Mennonite Church, had 57 members in 1954.

In 2006 Mechanic Grove had 85 members; Jay L. Ranck served as pastor.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 735 Church Road, Quarryville, PA 17566

Phone: 717-786-4730

Website: http://www.mechanicgrovemc.org/

Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

[edit] Map

Map:Mechanic Grove Mennonite Church (Quarryville, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Mechanic Grove Mennonite Church (Quarryville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 7 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mechanic_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Quarryville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116307.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Mechanic Grove Mennonite Church (Quarryville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 7 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mechanic_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Quarryville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116307.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 547. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.