From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The McClusky Mennonite Brethren Church in McClusky, North Dakota, a member of the Mennonite Brethren Central District Conference, was organized in 1903 by Ludwig Seibel, who became the first pastor and served this congregation for 27 years. A small church was built in 1914 and later enlarged. Other ministers who served for brief periods were John Siemens, Peter Wiens, David Fast, Herman D. Wiebe, LaVern Loewens, and G. W. Schroeder. Gothilf Winter, an ordained deacon, was the leader of the congregation at intermittent periods.

Ernest T. Schafer served as pastor from 1953 to 1955, followed by Alvin Ysker, who was serving in 1956, with a membership of 22.

[edit] Bibliography

"Ernest Schafer." The Bismarck Tribune (30 November 2005). http://bismarcktribune.com/news/obituaries/ernest-schafer/article_8dc7d3b3-0042-5488-93b0-786515332481.html


Author(s) A. A Dick
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Dick, A. A. "McClusky Mennonite Brethren Church (McClusky, North Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 31 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=McClusky_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(McClusky,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=118782.

APA style

Dick, A. A. (1957). McClusky Mennonite Brethren Church (McClusky, North Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=McClusky_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(McClusky,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=118782.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 430. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.