From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

The Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Conservative Mennonite Conference), 2521 West Quarry Road, Gulliver, located in Schoolcraft County, Michigan, was originally a member of the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference. It began as a mission outpost in 1942. It was organized as a congregation on 11 January 1948 with 15 charter members. The first services were held in homes, then in the township hall and in the local schoolhouse. On 21 May 1950 a meetinghouse was dedicated. In 1955 the membership was 45, with Norman Weaver serving as bishop-pastor.

In 2011 the leading minister was Randall Hoffman and the congregational membership was 21.

[edit] Bibliography

Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2011. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2011: 50.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 2521 West Quarry Road, Gulliver MI 49840

Telephone: 906-283-3433

Denominational Affiliation:

Conservative Mennonite Conference


Author(s) Norman Weaver
Richard D. Thiessen
Date Published April 2012


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Weaver, Norman and Richard D. Thiessen. "Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Gulliver, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2012. Web. 28 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maple_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Gulliver,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=113841.

APA style

Weaver, Norman and Richard D. Thiessen. (April 2012). Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Gulliver, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 June 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maple_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Gulliver,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=113841.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 474. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.