From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
m (Added images.)
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
__FORCETOC__
 
__FORCETOC__
 
__TOC__
 
__TOC__
[[File:MapleGroveMennoniteChurchBelleville1947.jpg|350px|thumbnail|Maple Grove Mennonite Church in Belleville, Pennsylvania in May 1947.<br />
+
[[File:MapleGroveMennoniteChurchBelleville1947.jpg|350px|thumbnail|''Maple Grove Mennonite Church in Belleville, Pennsylvania in May 1947.<br />
 
Source: Mennonite Community Photograph Collection, The Congregation (HM4-134 Box 1 photo 010.1-10).<br />
 
Source: Mennonite Community Photograph Collection, The Congregation (HM4-134 Box 1 photo 010.1-10).<br />
[https://www.flickr.com/photos/mennonitechurchusa-archives/5263360639/in/set-72157625460443202/ Mennonite Church USA Archives, Goshen, Indiana].]]
+
[https://www.flickr.com/photos/mennonitechurchusa-archives/5263360639/in/set-72157625460443202/ Mennonite Church USA Archives, Goshen, Indiana]''.]]
 
[[File:MapleGroveMennoniteChurchBelleville.jpg|350px|thumbnail|''Maple Grove Mennonite Church, Belleville PA'']]
 
[[File:MapleGroveMennoniteChurchBelleville.jpg|350px|thumbnail|''Maple Grove Mennonite Church, Belleville PA'']]
 
The Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at 115 Maple Grove Road, [[Belleville (Pennsylvania, USA)|Belleville]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was organized by "meetinghouse" [[Amish Mennonites|Amish]] as a congregation in 1863 under the leadership of Bishop Solomon Byler. Services in the new building were held for the first time on 9 August 1868. The congregation affiliated itself with the [[Eastern Amish Mennonite Conference|Eastern Amish Mennonite Conference]], but is now affiliated with the [[Allegheny Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Allegheny Mennonite Conference]]. Samuel Yoder served as bishop 1864-1884. Succeeding bishops were David Zook 1884-1886, Michael Yoder 1886-1889, Abraham D. Zook 1889-1898, Michael Yoder assisted by John E. Kauffman 1898-1910, Eli H. Kanagy 1910-?, Aaron Mast 1935- .  
 
The Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at 115 Maple Grove Road, [[Belleville (Pennsylvania, USA)|Belleville]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was organized by "meetinghouse" [[Amish Mennonites|Amish]] as a congregation in 1863 under the leadership of Bishop Solomon Byler. Services in the new building were held for the first time on 9 August 1868. The congregation affiliated itself with the [[Eastern Amish Mennonite Conference|Eastern Amish Mennonite Conference]], but is now affiliated with the [[Allegheny Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Allegheny Mennonite Conference]]. Samuel Yoder served as bishop 1864-1884. Succeeding bishops were David Zook 1884-1886, Michael Yoder 1886-1889, Abraham D. Zook 1889-1898, Michael Yoder assisted by John E. Kauffman 1898-1910, Eli H. Kanagy 1910-?, Aaron Mast 1935- .  

Latest revision as of 05:55, 2 April 2014

Contents

Maple Grove Mennonite Church in Belleville, Pennsylvania in May 1947.
Source: Mennonite Community Photograph Collection, The Congregation (HM4-134 Box 1 photo 010.1-10).
Mennonite Church USA Archives, Goshen, Indiana
.
Maple Grove Mennonite Church, Belleville PA

The Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at 115 Maple Grove Road, Belleville, Pennsylvania, was organized by "meetinghouse" Amish as a congregation in 1863 under the leadership of Bishop Solomon Byler. Services in the new building were held for the first time on 9 August 1868. The congregation affiliated itself with the Eastern Amish Mennonite Conference, but is now affiliated with the Allegheny Mennonite Conference. Samuel Yoder served as bishop 1864-1884. Succeeding bishops were David Zook 1884-1886, Michael Yoder 1886-1889, Abraham D. Zook 1889-1898, Michael Yoder assisted by John E. Kauffman 1898-1910, Eli H. Kanagy 1910-?, Aaron Mast 1935- .

The membership in 1954 was 278, with Aaron Mast as bishop and Jacob Weirich as minister.

In 1936 the Maple Grove congregation started a mission outpost at Barrville, five miles (eight km) north of Belleville. It was organized as a separate congregation in 1956.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: PO Box 955, Belleville, PA 17004-0955

Location: 115 Maple Grove Road, Belleville, Pennsylvania

Phone: 717-935-2513

Website: Maple Grove Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliation:

Eastern Amish Mennonite Conference

Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference (MC)

Mennonite Church (MC)

Allegheny Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) Ammon Kaufman
John L. Horst
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Kaufman, Ammon and John L. Horst. "Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Belleville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 27 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maple_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Belleville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117174.

APA style

Kaufman, Ammon and John L. Horst. (1957). Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Belleville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maple_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Belleville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117174.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 474. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.