The Barrville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), a member of the Allegheny Mennonite Conference, (five miles (eight km) north of Belleville, Pennsylvania), started in 1936 as a mission outpost of the Maple Grove Mennonite Church, was organized in 1956 as a separate congregation. In 1958 it had 35 members, with Elam H. Glick as pastor. A church was purchased in 1953. A new building was erected in 1959 and enlarged in 1994.
In 2015 the Barrville congregation left the Allegheny Mennonite Conference and joined the Conservative Mennonite Conference. This move was part of a larger realignment of Mennonite congregations in the 2010s that were formerly part of Mennonite Church USA. These congregations were unhappy with Mennonite Church USA's failure to take stronger disciplinary actions against area conferences and congregations who expressed openness to inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons.
 Additional Information
Address: 48 Barrville Mountain Road, Reedsville, Pennsylvania
|Author(s)||Harold S Bender|
|Date Published||May 2017|
 Cite This Article
Bender, Harold S. "Barrville Mennonite Church (Reedsville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2017. Web. 24 Jun 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Barrville_Mennonite_Church_(Reedsville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=148607.
Bender, Harold S. (May 2017). Barrville Mennonite Church (Reedsville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 June 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Barrville_Mennonite_Church_(Reedsville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=148607.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.