From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Manheim Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) , 201 West High Street, Manheim, Pennsylvania, was organized and its meetinghouse built in 1896 for the convenience of the members from the surrounding churches who had moved to town. After the East Chestnut Street meetinghouse in Lancaster it was the next town church built in the Lancaster Mennonite Conference district. In 1955 the active ministers were Homer D. Bomberger, bishop, and Ira B. Huber, minister, with 170 members. The regional winter Bible school for this district was held here. In 2005 the membership was 51.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 201 West High Street, Manheim, PA 17545

Phone: 717-665-7431

Website:

Denominational Affiliations: Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

[edit] Map

Map:Manheim Mennonite Church (Manheim, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Manheim Mennonite Church (Manheim, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Manheim_Mennonite_Church_(Manheim,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116812.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Manheim Mennonite Church (Manheim, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Manheim_Mennonite_Church_(Manheim,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116812.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 457. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.