From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

MacGregor, MB. Bishop John A. Friesen served in 1993 as a non-salaried congregational leader. In 1993 there were 285 members. The congregation has been affiliated with the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church of Manitoba. The language of worship is German and English.

The congregation began services in 1960. The first building was occupied in 1960, with a subsequent building program in 1993.

Sunday school started in 1960; an organ was installed in 1988.

[edit] Bibliography

Peters, Jake. "An Annotated Bibliography of Materials Relating to the Sommerfelder Mennonite Church." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1979.

Sommerfeld Mennonite Church centennial celebrations, July 4, 1993, Morris, Manitoba, 1893-1993. 1993: 20.


Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published April 1997


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "MacGregor Sommerfeld Mennonite Church (MacGregor, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1997. Web. 2 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=MacGregor_Sommerfeld_Mennonite_Church_(MacGregor,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=89186.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (April 1997). MacGregor Sommerfeld Mennonite Church (MacGregor, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=MacGregor_Sommerfeld_Mennonite_Church_(MacGregor,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=89186.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.