From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Lugovsk Mennonite Brethren Church was located in the Buzuluk area of the province of Samara, Russia. The area was of somewhat rolling contour but promised new hopes for the landless class, which had settled here under the auspices of the mother settlements.

Johann Loewen was among the first settlers. Abraham Martens and Bernhard Bergen were two of the first ministers. Other ministers were Cornelius Klassen, Jakob K. Wieler, N. Toews, Jakob Wiens, and Tobias Voth. In 1926 most of the leading men were sent into exile and the church was used as a public school; thus the church ceased to exist.


Author(s) Jacob J Toews
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Toews, Jacob J. "Lugovsk Mennonite Brethren Church (Samara Oblast, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 13 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lugovsk_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Samara_Oblast,_Russia)&oldid=89106.

APA style

Toews, Jacob J. (1957). Lugovsk Mennonite Brethren Church (Samara Oblast, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 13 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lugovsk_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Samara_Oblast,_Russia)&oldid=89106.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 412-413. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.