Lititz Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) is located in the center of a strong Mennonite community in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Fifty members of the Hess and Hammer Creek congregations appealed for a meetinghouse in the borough (then Warwick). In 1906 this house was built. Jacob H. Hershey (1862-1947), ordained at Olathe, Kansas, but a native son, became the first pastor, but it was still part of the Hess-Hammer Creek District. Ephraim N. Eby (1852-1937) served as deacon, and Noah L. Landis (1857-1940) as bishop from the start. Amos S. Horst and Mahlon Zimmerman were the 1956 bishops, John S. Hess and Melvin Lauver pastors, and Lester B. Wenger deacon. The membership was 203 in 1956. The church was remodeled in 1952. In 2008 the membership was 177; the pastor was Lowell Keith Gerber.
 Additional Information
Address: 165 East Front Street, Lititz, Pennsylvania
|Author(s)||Ira D Landis|
 Cite This Article
Landis, Ira D. "Lititz Mennonite Church (Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 Feb 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lititz_Mennonite_Church_(Lititz,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117026.
Landis, Ira D. (1956). Lititz Mennonite Church (Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 February 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lititz_Mennonite_Church_(Lititz,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117026.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.