From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

The Lauver Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), is located between Richfield and Cocolamus in Juniata County, Pennsylvania. The first church was built in 1867 on the farm of Jacob Lauver. This brick building served the congregation until 1928, when a larger brick church replaced it along the improved highway. The congregation is a part of the Juniata-Snyder Bishop District of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. In 1956 Boyd Kauffman and Jacob G. Bnubaker were ministers. The membership for Cross Roads-Lauver in 1956 was 153.  In 2006 the membership was 56; John W. Gehman served as pastor.

In 2012 the congregation transferred to the Conservative Mennonite Conference.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 34585 Route 35 North, Richfield, Pennsylvania 

Meeting Place Directions:  1 mile ( 2 km) south of Evensdale on Route 35

Phone: 717-463-9091

Denominational Affiliation: Conservative Mennonite Conference

[edit] Map

Map:Lauver Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Lauver Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lauver_Mennonite_Church_(Richfield,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116783.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Lauver Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lauver_Mennonite_Church_(Richfield,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116783.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 299-300. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.