Larslan Mennonite Brethren Church (Larslan, Montana, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Larslan Mennonite Brethren Church, located in Valley County, Montana, was a member of the Central District Conference. It began as a subsidiary of the Lustre, Montana congregation in 1917, when a number of families from Lustre located here. J. F. Thiessen was their pastor until 1943. In 1945 the Larslan church was organized with 29 members. Other ministers who served the congregation were A. A. Dick, J. J. Toews, H. C. Quiring, and Karl Dick. In 1929 a basement was constructed and used as a church, and remodeled in 1945. Kathryn Lentzner, a missionary in Colombia, South America, came from this church. In 1954 the membership was 38, with Walter Schlichting as pastor.


Author(s) A. A Dick
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Dick, A. A. "Larslan Mennonite Brethren Church (Larslan, Montana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Larslan_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Larslan,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=83061.

APA style

Dick, A. A. (1957). Larslan Mennonite Brethren Church (Larslan, Montana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Larslan_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Larslan,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=83061.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 296-296. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.