Lake Charles Mennonite Church (Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Lake Charles Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, began in 1898, when the first settlers moved down to Lake Charles, Louisiana, from the northern states. A few families came from Austell, Georgia, in 1905. The largest membership was about 40. The bishops who served this congregation were Andrew Shenk, J. M. Kreider, J. N. Durr, and E. S. Hallman. The ministers were Jonas Nice, Clarence Bontrager, and John E. Wenger. In 1954 the E. G. Leidig family was the only member family which remained in the community.


Author(s) Eli S Hallman
Date Published 1958


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hallman, Eli S. "Lake Charles Mennonite Church (Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 18 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lake_Charles_Mennonite_Church_(Lake_Charles,_Louisiana,_USA)&oldid=88865.

APA style

Hallman, Eli S. (1958). Lake Charles Mennonite Church (Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lake_Charles_Mennonite_Church_(Lake_Charles,_Louisiana,_USA)&oldid=88865.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 269. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.