From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Joes Mennonite Brethren Church, ca. 1947-1952
Creator: Henry J. Wiens (1885-1975)
Digitized by Hiebert Library. Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies
.

Joes Mennonite Brethren Church was located 1.5 miles (2.5 km) east of Joes, on Highway 36, Yuma County, Colorado. This congregation was a member of the Southern District of Mennonite Brethren Churches. It was organized in 1892 in a schoolhouse and originally known as Kirk Mennonite Brethren Church until 1922. A sod church was built in 1893 under the leadership of Henry Bergthold and replaced in 1918 by a building which seated 200. The membership in 1953 was 61 with Eldo Ratzlaff as pastor. Ministers who served were Henry Bergthold, Elder David Dyck, Jacob Friesen, Abraham Heinrichs, David Strauss, Peter Fleming, and Roland Wiens.

The congregation existed until 1987.

[edit] Bibliography

Toews, Paul and Kevin Enns-Rempel, eds. For Everything a Season: Mennonite Brethren in North America, 1874-2002: An Informal History. Winnipeg : Kindred Productions, 2002: 23.


Author(s) P. C Hiebert
Date Published January 2014


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Hiebert, P. C. "Joes Mennonite Brethren Church (Joes, Colorado, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 2014. Web. 23 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Joes_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Joes,_Colorado,_USA)&oldid=115799.

APA style

Hiebert, P. C. (January 2014). Joes Mennonite Brethren Church (Joes, Colorado, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Joes_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Joes,_Colorado,_USA)&oldid=115799.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 111. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.