Jansen Mennonite Brethren Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Jansen Mennonite Brethren Church, now extinct, was organized in 1890 by Elder J. J. Regier. At that time Isaac Wall was chosen minister and leader. An old saloon was purchased and remodeled into a meeting place. Later a church was built. Through revivals the congregation grew and for some time numbered more than 100 members. Later most of these members moved to newer settlements, and the congregation in 1950 consisted of only two families. Other ministers who served the church were Adam Ross, G. H. Jantzen, Waldo Hiebert, and P. V. Balzer.


Author(s) H. E Wiens
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiens, H. E. "Jansen Mennonite Brethren Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 Jan 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jansen_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Jansen,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=82658.

APA style

Wiens, H. E. (1957). Jansen Mennonite Brethren Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 January 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jansen_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Jansen,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=82658.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 91. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.