Hutterville Hutterite Colony (Magrath, Alberta, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Hutterville, a Hutterian Bruderhof near Magrath, Alberta, was a relocation of the Rockport Hutterite Colony (South Dakota) in 1932. Their preachers were Johann Waldner and Michael Hofer. In 1947 the Bruderhof numbered 147 souls with 70 baptized members.

In 2016 the Hutterville Hutterite Colony was a Lehrerleut colony.

Additional Information

Location: Magrath, Alberta (coordinates: 49.350556, -112.766667  [49° 21' 02" N, 112° 46' 00" W])

Address: Box 70, Magrath, AB T0K 1J0

Phone: 403-758-3143

Managers and Ministers

Manager Minister Years
Peter Waldner Jacob Wipf 2015
Peter Waldner Mike Wurz 2017


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published June 2013


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Hutterville Hutterite Colony (Magrath, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. June 2013. Web. 20 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hutterville_Hutterite_Colony_(Magrath,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=154216.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (June 2013). Hutterville Hutterite Colony (Magrath, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hutterville_Hutterite_Colony_(Magrath,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=154216.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 868. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.