Hopewell Mennonite Church, located near Hubbard, Marion County, Oregon, formerly a member of the Pacific Coast Conference, was organized in the fall of 1899 by George R. Brunk, a minister of the Kansas-Nebraska Conference. J. D. Mishler, then of Eugene, Oregon, was the first bishop. The membership in 1953 was 56. The meetinghouse at the time, the second built on the same site, was a frame structure with a seating capacity of 200. Ministers serving this congregation in 1954 were N. L. Hershberger, James Bucher, and Jacob Roth; O. W. King was the deacon.
The congregation withdrew from the Pacific District Conference in 1967 and has been independent since then. Its membership in 2008 was 80; Jake Kropf was the bishop.
In 2014 the church was served by Bishop Jacob D. Kropf and Minister Ron Wolfer. Membership in 2014 was 85.
 Additional Information
Address: 14527 Whiskey Hill Road NE, Hubbard, Oregon
Website: Hopewell Mennonite Church
|Author(s)||O. W King|
 Cite This Article
King, O. W. "Hopewell Mennonite Church (Hubbard, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 6 Feb 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hopewell_Mennonite_Church_(Hubbard,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=120283.
King, O. W. (1956). Hopewell Mennonite Church (Hubbard, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 6 February 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hopewell_Mennonite_Church_(Hubbard,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=120283.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.