From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Highland Bethel Church (formerly Highland Bethel Mennonite Church), Fort Wayne, Indiana, is a member of the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches (formerly Evangelical Mennonite Conference). In 1937 a Sunday school was started in a new addition of the city and several months later an auditorium was erected. The first regular service was held in it on 19 December 1937. The church was organized on 19 November 1944 with 21 charter members. By 1948 the membership had increased to 35. Pastors who served the congregation in its first years are Milo Rediger, Paul Rupp, and M. L. Klopfenstein.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 3800 North Clinton Avenue, Fort Wayne, Indiana

Phone: 260-483-1315

Website: Highland Bethel Church

Denominational Affiliation: Fellowship of Evangelical Churches


Author(s) M. L Klopfenstein
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Klopfenstein, M. L. "Highland Bethel Church (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 29 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Highland_Bethel_Church_(Fort_Wayne,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=82033.

APA style

Klopfenstein, M. L. (1956). Highland Bethel Church (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Highland_Bethel_Church_(Fort_Wayne,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=82033.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 740. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.