Hesston Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in Hesston, Harvey County, Kansas, a member of the South Central Conference, was organized on 9 September 1910 with six families and several students then attending Hesston Academy. J. D. Charles served as the first pastor. The group first met in the assembly room of Green Gables, and later in the chapel hall of the administration building on the Hesston College campus. The following served as pastors and bishops of the congregation until 1956: J. D. Charles, D. H. Bender, Noah Oyer, Milo Kauffman, Irvin Burkhart, M. A. Yoder, Jess A. Kauffman, John P. Duerksen, and Ivan Lind. The membership in 1956 was 270. A new church was dedicated in 1956. In 2008 the membership was 644; the pastor was John C. Murray.
 Additional Information
Address: 309 South Main, Hesston, Kansas
South Central Mennonite Conference
|Author(s)||Jess A Kauffman|
 Cite This Article
Kauffman, Jess A. "Hesston Mennonite Church (Hesston, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 23 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hesston_Mennonite_Church_(Hesston,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=81999.
Kauffman, Jess A. (1956). Hesston Mennonite Church (Hesston, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hesston_Mennonite_Church_(Hesston,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=81999.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.