From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

City block in Hespeler, Ontario, in which the Hespeler Mennonite Brethren Church rented worship space, 1949.
Creator: Henry J. Wiens (1885-1975)
Digitized by Hiebert Library. Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies
.

Hespeler Mennonite Brethren Church in Hespeler, Ontario began services in 1927, and formally organized on 20 November 1932. J. Bartels, J. P. Wiens, H. Wiens, and John Schoenke are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union in the 1920s. The church was located on the third floor of a dry goods store on the east side of Guelph St. in downtown Hespeler.

The congregation's highest membership was 31 in 1933. The language of worship was German.

When the congregation dissolved in 1953 it merged with the Kitchener Mennonite Brethren Church.

[edit] Bibliography

Church records at Mennonite Brethren archives in St. Catharines.

[edit] Additional Information

Denominational Affiliations:

Ontario Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (1932-1953)

Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (1946-1953)

General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (1939-1953)


Author(s) H. H. Janzen
Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Janzen, H. H. and Marlene Epp. "Hespeler Mennonite Brethren Church (Hespeler, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 16 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hespeler_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Hespeler,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=115593.

APA style

Janzen, H. H. and Marlene Epp. (April 1986). Hespeler Mennonite Brethren Church (Hespeler, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hespeler_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Hespeler,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=115593.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.