Hartland Christian Association was organized in October 1945 by members of the Mennonite Brethren (MB) and Krimmer Mennonite Brethren churches in the Reedley, California, area, to own and operate a church camp. In 1946 it purchased 160 acres, (64.8 ha.) in Tulare County, California, about 10 miles, (16 km.), east of Badger, near the village of Hartland, at an elevation of 4,500 ft. (1375 m.). Retreats for the youth of the churches had been held since 1940. These were now held at Hartland Camp, and a full range of camp activities for all ages was added. The MB Camping Committee provides the programs.
|Author(s)||Harold S Bender|
 Cite This Article
Bender, Harold S. "Hartland Christian Association." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 2 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hartland_Christian_Association&oldid=81759.
Bender, Harold S. (1959). Hartland Christian Association. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hartland_Christian_Association&oldid=81759.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.