From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
Haren, near [[Groningen (Groningen, Netherlands)|Groningen]] city, Dutch province of Groningen, the seat of a Mennonite fellowship (<em>kring</em>) of members of the Groningen congregation. A first meeting was held here in 1923; an occasional service was held in 1936; a ladies' circle was founded in December 1936. Since 11 April 1937, services have been regularly held in a building belonging to the Liberal Reformed Church. At first services  were conducted by Pastor Knipscheer  of Groningen. In 1939 the church board of Groningen  appointed a minister specifically for the care of its members living at Haren: J. Meerburg Snarenberg 1939-40, J. S. Postma 1940-42, A. H. van Drooge 1946-51, and since 1951 Miss C. E. Offerhaus. When the group was founded in 1937 its membership numbered 97; it was 102 in 1954.   
+
Haren, near [[Groningen (Groningen, Netherlands)|Groningen]] city, Dutch province of Groningen, the seat of a Mennonite fellowship (<em>kring</em>) of members of the Groningen congregation. A first meeting was held here in 1923; an occasional service was held in 1936; a ladies' circle was founded in December 1936. Since 11 April 1937, services have been regularly held in a building belonging to the Liberal Reformed Church. At first services  were conducted by Pastor Knipscheer  of Groningen. In 1939 the church board of Groningen  appointed a minister specifically for the care of its members living at Haren: J. Meerburg Snarenberg 1939-40, J. S. Postma 1940-42, A. H. van Drooge 1946-51, and since 1951 Miss C. E. Offerhaus. When the group was founded in 1937 its membership numbered 97; it was 102 in 1954.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, pp. 661-662|date=1956|a1_last=van der Zijpp|a1_first=Nanne|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, pp. 661-662|date=1956|a1_last=van der Zijpp|a1_first=Nanne|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 19:17, 20 August 2013

Haren, near Groningen city, Dutch province of Groningen, the seat of a Mennonite fellowship (kring) of members of the Groningen congregation. A first meeting was held here in 1923; an occasional service was held in 1936; a ladies' circle was founded in December 1936. Since 11 April 1937, services have been regularly held in a building belonging to the Liberal Reformed Church. At first services  were conducted by Pastor Knipscheer  of Groningen. In 1939 the church board of Groningen  appointed a minister specifically for the care of its members living at Haren: J. Meerburg Snarenberg 1939-40, J. S. Postma 1940-42, A. H. van Drooge 1946-51, and since 1951 Miss C. E. Offerhaus. When the group was founded in 1937 its membership numbered 97; it was 102 in 1954.


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. "Haren (Groningen, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Haren_(Groningen,_Netherlands)&oldid=81724.

APA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. (1956). Haren (Groningen, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Haren_(Groningen,_Netherlands)&oldid=81724.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 661-662. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.