Haren, near Groningen city, Dutch province of Groningen, the seat of a Mennonite fellowship (kring) of members of the Groningen congregation. A first meeting was held here in 1923; an occasional service was held in 1936; a ladies' circle was founded in December 1936. In 11 April 1937, the church began holding its services in a building belonging to the Liberal Reformed Church. At first services were conducted by Pastor Knipscheer of Groningen. In 1939 the church board of Groningen appointed a minister specifically for the care of its members living at Haren: J. Meerburg Snarenberg 1939-40, J. S. Postma 1940-42, A. H. van Drooge 1946-51, and since 1951 Miss C. E. Offerhaus. When the group was founded in 1937 its membership numbered 97; it was 102 in 1954.
In 1967 the congregation built its own meetinghouse at Nieuwe Stationsweg 1.
Reliwiki. "Haren, Nieuwe Stationsweg 1 - Doopsgezinde Kerk." 26 October 2013. Web. 14 October 2014. http://reliwiki.nl/index.php/Haren,_Nieuwe_Stationsweg_1_-_Doopsgezinde_Kerk.
 Additional Information
Congregation: Doopsgezinde Gemeente Haren
Address: Nieuwe Stationsweg 1, 9751 SZ, Haren, Netherlands
Church website: Doopsgezinde Gemeente Haren
|Author(s)||Nanne van der Zijpp|
 Cite This Article
Zijpp, Nanne van der. "Haren (Groningen, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 6 May 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Haren_(Groningen,_Netherlands)&oldid=126223.
Zijpp, Nanne van der. (1956). Haren (Groningen, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 6 May 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Haren_(Groningen,_Netherlands)&oldid=126223.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.