From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Harderwijk, a town (1947 population, 11,124, with 15 Mennonites; 42,057 in 2007) in the Dutch province of Gelderland, was once the seat of a small Flemish Mennonite congregation. In 1649 the congregation sent no representative to the Flemish conference at Haarlem; it is thought to have had no ministers at that time. Apparently it died out soon after. Of its history nothing is known. About 1540 there were some slight traces of Anabaptism in this town.

[edit] Bibliography

Lambers, C. Hille Ris. De Kerkhervorming op de Veluwe. Barneveld, n.d., 1890: 23, 36, 75, CIX, CXII-CXVII.


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. "Harderwijk (Gelderland, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Harderwijk_(Gelderland,_Netherlands)&oldid=81722.

APA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. (1956). Harderwijk (Gelderland, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 June 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Harderwijk_(Gelderland,_Netherlands)&oldid=81722.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 661. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.