Harderwijk (Gelderland, Netherlands)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Harderwijk, a town (1947 population, 11,124, with 15 Mennonites; 42,057 in 2007) in the Dutch province of Gelderland, was once the seat of a small Flemish Mennonite congregation. In 1649 the congregation sent no representative to the Flemish conference at Haarlem; it is thought to have had no ministers at that time. Apparently it died out soon after. Of its history nothing is known. About 1540 there were some slight traces of Anabaptism in this town.

Bibliography

Lambers, C. Hille Ris. De Kerkhervorming op de Veluwe. Barneveld, n.d., 1890: 23, 36, 75, CIX, CXII-CXVII.


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. "Harderwijk (Gelderland, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 21 Aug 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Harderwijk_(Gelderland,_Netherlands)&oldid=125433.

APA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. (1956). Harderwijk (Gelderland, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 August 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Harderwijk_(Gelderland,_Netherlands)&oldid=125433.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 661. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.