From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Habecker Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), in the Manorland of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, among the settlers of which were Neff, Kauffman, and Baughman families. David Martin was one of the first preachers, followed by Henry Neff. Christian Kauffman was the first native bishop. In 1761 the Penn heirs granted a tract of land to "Henry Neave for the Society of Anna Baptists within and in the neighborhood of said Township (of Manor)." They built a log church, replaced in 1820 by a brick church 35 x 45 ft. (10.68 x 13.73 m.), in 1898 again by a brick church, 50 x 75 ft. (15.25 x 22.88 m.). A beautiful cemetery adjoins the church. Sunday school started in 1888. The congregation is a part of the Manor District. In 1959 the membership was 125, and Christian B. Charles and Landis E. Myer were the ministers.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 451 Habecker Church Road, Lancaster, PA 17603-8901

Phone: 717-285-4089


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Habecker Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Habecker_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=81564.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Habecker Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Habecker_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=81564.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1089. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.