From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Greenwood Mennonite Church, which is located in Nanticoke Hundred, Sussex County, near Greenwood, Delaware, and is a member of the Conservative Mennonite Conference, was organized in 1914 with about 11 charter members. The membership in 1954 was 251, with Eli Swartzentruber and Alvin Mast as ministers, and Nevin Bender as bishop. The first church building was dedicated on 4 July 1920. This was replaced by a larger brick building, which was dedicated on 14 December 1947. The first church building was used for a junior high school operated by the congregation, which has had its own Christian day school since 1928.

In 2011 the leading minister was John David Swartzentruber and the congregational membership was 213.

[edit] Bibliography

Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2011. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2011: 49.

[edit] Additional Information

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 246, Greenwood DE 19950-0246

Location: 14804 Blanchard Road, Bridgeville, Delaware

Phone: 302-337-7290

Denominational Affiliation:

Conservative Mennonite Conference


Author(s) Nevin F. Bender
Richard D. Thiessen
Date Published April 2012


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Nevin F. and Richard D. Thiessen. "Greenwood Mennonite Church (Greenwood, Delaware, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2012. Web. 16 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Greenwood_Mennonite_Church_(Greenwood,_Delaware,_USA)&oldid=81413.

APA style

Bender, Nevin F. and Richard D. Thiessen. (April 2012). Greenwood Mennonite Church (Greenwood, Delaware, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Greenwood_Mennonite_Church_(Greenwood,_Delaware,_USA)&oldid=81413.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 576. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.