Jump to: navigation, search

Gospel Witness to Israel Mission (Mennonite Brethren) at Winnipeg, Manitoba, was founded January 1948 by Jacob Pankratz and his wife, who had done mission work among Jews in Toronto, Ontario. In September 1948 the General Conference of the Mennonite Brethren Church of North America took over the responsibility for this mission and delegated the work to its City Mission Committee for supervision and financial support. The chief work the Mission did among the 20,000 Jews of Winnipeg was house to house visitation, and distributing New Testaments and other literature.

Author(s) John A Toews
Date Published 1956

[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Toews, John A. "Gospel Witness to Israel Mission." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 21 Oct 2016.

APA style

Toews, John A. (1956). Gospel Witness to Israel Mission. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2016, from

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 551. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.