From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Goodville Mennonite Church in May 1946.
Source: Mennonite Community Photographs, 1947-1953. The Congregation. (HM4-134 Box 1 photo 010.0-22) Mennonite Church USA Archives, Goshen, Indiana.

Goodville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) was organized in 1900 by a number of retired Mennonite farmers as a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. It is located in the strong Weaverland district of the beautiful fertile Weaverland Valley on Route 23. The first meetinghouse was greatly enlarged in 1924. In 1953 the total church membership was 113 with A. G. Martin as minister and J. Paul Graybill as bishop. An outstation summer Bible school was held at Bender's Church near Bangor in 1952.

In 2008 the membership was 96; Bruce L. Sauder was the pastor.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 1556 Main Street, Goodville, Pennsylvania

Phone: 717-445-4205

Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

[edit] Map

Goodville Mennonite Church (Goodville, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Goodville Mennonite Church (Goodville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Goodville_Mennonite_Church_(Goodville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116702.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Goodville Mennonite Church (Goodville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Goodville_Mennonite_Church_(Goodville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116702.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 541-542. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.