From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Friedenstal Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located at Tampa, Kansas, a member of the Western District Conference, was organized in September 1899 with 33 charter members, immigrants from Poland. Until 1902 it was known as the North Lehigh Mennonite Church. The first church building was built and dedicated in 1907 and remodeled in 1944. Ministers who served the congregation to the 1950s were Daniel Schmidt, Andrew Ewert, Johann Gerbrandt, Peter Balzer, Wilhelm Ewert, Henry Schmidt, John H. Epp, Walter H. Regier, and Harvey Jantz. Two missionaries went out from this congregation, namely, Mable (Wedel) Suderman to Arizona and Selma Unruh to Africa. The congregation always practiced feetwashing with the Lord's Supper. In 1955 the membership was 123.


Author(s) Frank Schmidt
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Schmidt, Frank. "Friedenstal Mennonite Church (Tampa, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 18 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Friedenstal_Mennonite_Church_(Tampa,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=81031.

APA style

Schmidt, Frank. (1956). Friedenstal Mennonite Church (Tampa, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Friedenstal_Mennonite_Church_(Tampa,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=81031.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 401. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.