From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Franconia, Pennsylvania, is a small village located in the center of Franconia Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. It was called Franconia Square until 1849. It is in the heart of was a prosperous farming community 1950s, inhabited largely by Mennonites. By 2000 it was part of a extended surburban band of communities surrounding Philadelphia. The Mennonite Church is located one-half mile west of the village. The German settlers probably brought the name from the duchy of Franconia.

[edit] Maps

Map:Franconia, Pennsylvania


Author(s) Quintus Leatherman
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Leatherman, Quintus. "Franconia (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Franconia_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80932.

APA style

Leatherman, Quintus. (1956). Franconia (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Franconia_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80932.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 367. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.