First Mennonite Church of Burns (Burns, Kansas, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
First Mennonite Church of Burns, 1948 Scan courtesy [http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA Archives-Goshen] X-31.1, Box 17/39

The First Mennonite Church of Burns, Burns, Marion County, Kansas, was a member of the Western District Conference. The congregation, composed of 98 members in 1953, all of whom were farm folk, had its beginning when it was organized on 16 June 1944 with 30 charter members. The meetinghouse was dedicated 25 November 1947.


Author(s) Henry W Gossen
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gossen, Henry W. "First Mennonite Church of Burns (Burns, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 19 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_Burns_(Burns,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=91758.

APA style

Gossen, Henry W. (1953). First Mennonite Church of Burns (Burns, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_Burns_(Burns,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=91758.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 479. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.